A targeted investment
Xerys' investment strategy is to meticulously select a limited number of companies, chosen for their global development potential and to provide them with the financial means to act in a consistent and continuous manner, without a shortage in capital. This allows leaders to fully focus on developing their business. From the beginning Xerys sets a goal in terms of holding time and performance.
- A meticulous selection of funded companies: unanimous favourable opinion of Xerys representatives;
- Type of funded companies: innovative SMEs, mainly French;
- Preferred sectors: healthcare, sustainable development, new connected technologies;
- Main selection criteria: a team of high-quality leaders, an innovative product or service already on the market or close to market, a potential global market, strong intellectual property and high valuation potential;
- Investment ticket: €10 to 60 million, contingent on the achievement of the business plan objectives;
- Investment horizon: 5 to 7 year target for each company, can be longer in some cases;
- Potential exit mode: exit through M&A or another investment fund, initial public offering.
Strategic and financial
support for growth
Xerys is positioned not only as a financial partner, but more importantly as a strategic partner of the portfolio companies. Thus, regardless of the level of capital ownership, Xerys always has at least one seat on the board for each company of its portfolio. Xerys thus allows leaders to develop faster in the context of an ambitious shared vision:
- Sector specialists, Xerys' representatives on the board of directors of the portfolio companies support executives in establishing their development plans, which Xerys wants to be ambitious and realistic at the same time;
- Strategically, Xerys can also encourage some portfolio companies to use leading strategy consulting firms to regularly provide an up-to-date view of the market, competition or regulation;
- Xerys advises companies to adapt the size and expertise of teams according to defined strategic axes;
- Xerys leverages companies with its industrial, financial and strategic network.
OBJECTIVE: CONTRIBUTE ACTIVELY TO CREATING VALUE ALONGSIDE ENTREPRENEURS.