hugOne Tracks Sleep Patterns and Automates the Home Environment, Helping Families Consistently Sleep Better
/EINPresswire.com/ SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - August 30, 2016) - Sevenhugs, the creator of connected home products, today announces the U.S. availability of its hugOne family sleep monitor on Amazon.com through Amazon Launchpad. Originally based in Europe, the company is expanding its vision of a healthier home with a comprehensive sleep system designed for the whole family.
Amazon Launchpad is a program that makes it easy for startups to launch, market, and distribute their products to hundreds of millions of Amazon customers across the globe. Amazon Launchpad has worked with over 100 leading venture capital firms, startup accelerators, and crowd-funding platforms to help more than 1,000 startups launch products in the U.S., U.K., China, Germany, and France.
"We are honored to be one of the businesses participating in the Amazon Launchpad program," said Simon Tchedikian, CEO and Co-Founder of Sevenhugs. "We believe that Amazon's ongoing commitment to provide its customers with unique and impactful products perfectly aligns with the motivation behind our hugOne solution."
hugOne by Sevenhugs includes a hugOne base that monitors indoor air quality, and tiny Sleep Sensors. This system tracks various phases of sleep, including light, deep, and awake, for each member of the family, plus temperature and humidity in every bedroom. hugOne automatically can control Philips Hue light bulbs and the Nest thermostat, to adjust home temperature and lights when the family is asleep. hugOne also is compatible with IFTTT (If This Then That) to automate preset actions when it tracks events related to home temperature, humidity, and sleep status of the family. hugOne also works with Alexa, Amazon's cloud-based voice assistant that powers devices such as the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot and Amazon Tap. Through Alexa, hugOne provides users with the capability to ask about sleep and home environment data for the whole family.
"Sleep is one of the most important pillars of good health," added Tchedikian. "Studies show that approximately 70% of children do not receive enough sleep and 30% of school-aged kids have trouble developing the right sleep schedule. With these startling facts in mind, the need for a device to improve sleep not only for children, but for the entire family was clear. We developed hugOne to help create a smarter, healthier home for our users."
Working in conjunction with the free app, hugOne offers numerous benefits, including:
- Tracking light sleep, deep sleep, and awake phases with an algorithm that adapts to the whole family's sleep.
- Monitoring the temperature and humidity of the bedroom, plus indoor air quality for main living spaces. These factors create the ideal environment for the most restful night's sleep.
- Personalized with a smart alarm clock on the app. As hugOne learns its user's sleep cycle, it automatically sets and sounds at the best moment in the sleep cycle.
- Freedom from wearing any devices. hugOne comes with Sleep Sensors that are placed in the corner of the mattress, under the sheets.
- Safe from electronic transmissions while sleeping. When the Sleep Sensor detects a presence, it shuts off its electronic transmissions and starts recording sleep data until the user leaves the bed, at which time the data is sent to the accompanying app.
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Alexa-enabled devices such as the Amazon Echo, Philips Hue light bulbs, and the Nest thermostat. Through Alexa-enabled devices, users can ask for the status of the home's indoor air quality and sleep scores for each member of the family. With connectivity to Phillips Hue light bulbs and the Nest thermostat, users can fall asleep with sunset-like light and preferred nighttime temperatures, and wake up to sunrise-like light and preferred daytime temperatures.
- Automated with IFTTT technology, providing users with the opportunity to automate home elements or actions based on the home's temperature, humidity, and indoor air quality as well as each family member's sleep score and sleep and wake times. For instance, switch off all the lights or turn on the connected camera when the whole family is asleep.
- Shareable with the whole family. One hugOne device can connect to up to eight Sleep Sensors.
hugOne by Sevenhugs is also now available for purchase at http://sevenhugs.com, priced at $179.99 for one hugOne base and two Sleep Sensors. Additional Sleep Sensors are available for $49.99 each.
The Sevenhugs app is available free on the App Store and Google Play Store.
Sevenhugs is an innovative connected home company that creates integrated devices and services aimed at simplifying the smart home experience. Its mission is to reinvent the way people interact with technology at home. Sevenhugs' line of products includes hugOne, the first connected solution that helps the entire family sleep better. The upcoming next-gen, Smart Remote is a universal control center for all your home technologies. The company was founded in 2014 by Simon Tchedikian, Stéphane Jaubertou, Lionel Marty, and Olivier Mandine.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/8/30/11G112299/Images/hugOne_1-72f1c1a6ab888fbc840bbd52baee6d85.jpg
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/8/30/11G112299/Images/amazon-alexa-4cbdc184c8bb9b5a95aa7bf0c1587853.jpg
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/8/30/11G112299/Images/IFTTT_Logo-abe6af932692833eb3ae8960078b2fe9.jpg
› Auteur : Marketwired
› Date : 30/08/2016
› Voir l'article original
› Source :